- 140 人浏览
1. 主语+否定谓语，not + 同前主语 用语加强否定语气。
I’ll not do such a thing, not I.
He won’t break his word, not he.
Tom can’t speak Russian, not he.
2. 主语+否定谓语+much less/still less +词组或从句 用语进一步否定。
I could not assent to, much less participate in such proceedings.
He doesn’t like music, still less/much less dancing.
I didn’t even see him, still less/much less shake hands with him.
3. 主语+否定谓语+to say nothing of/not to speak of/not to mention +名词
主语+否定谓语+let alone+名词或从句 用语进一步否定。
He doesn’t know English, to say nothing of German or French.
I don’t know algebra or geometry, not to mention calculus.
I never thought of it, let alone (much less/still less) did I do it.
4. 半否定词+or/if+否定代词或副词 表示半否定或让步否定。
Few, however, if any, besides the King himself, believed that Hermione was quilty.
I saw little or nothing of him after you were gone.
She seldom or never (if ever) made a mistake.
Peter read little or nothing (little if anything) in summer vacation.
Mr. Morris seldom or never went out.
5. 主语+cannot + but/choose but/help but +动词原型 意为“不得不，别无选择”。
I cannot but admire his courage.
We can’t (choose) but admit that in certain aspects of science and technology they are ahead of us.
We can’t but read books to increase our knowledge.
6. （There be）No+主语+but+谓语+其它 双重否定表示强烈之肯定。
（其中but 相当于who...not, that...not, which...not）
There is no man but has his faults.
(There is no man who doesn’t have his faults.
There is no man without faults.
All men have faults.)
(There is) Nobody but has his faults.
There is no rule but has exceptions.
There is nobody but knows this matter.
7. A分句（否定）+ but + B分句（肯定） 借否定来强调肯定。
It never rains but pours.
She never comes but she brings us something to eat.
They never met but they fought.
8. 主语+be + the last + 名词+从句/to do
He is the last person to say that.
You are the last woman that I want to marry.
That is the last place where I expected to have met you.
Lying is the last thing that he is likely to do.
9. 主语+can’t+谓语+too+形容词/副词 表示强烈之肯定。
You can’t read too much/ many books.
We can’t be too careful.
Nobody can have too many friends.
She can never have too many dresses.
10. 主语+谓语+no other than/none other than/ none but+宾语/表语 强调判断句。
The man was no other than John.
We depend on none but ourselves.
11. 主语+be nothing +else but/else than/less than+表语 强调判断句。
He is nothing but a paper tiger.
The situation is nothing else but/than fine.
That is nothing less than a miracle.
Genius is nothing but labor and diligence.
12. 主语+be not A, but B./ 主语+be +B+ and (but) not A. 选择判断句。
I am very ill, not bodily, but mentally.
The tragedy is not in not knowing, but in not knowing that you don’t know.
It is yours, and not mine.
It is not mine, but yours.
13. (It is) Not that A + but that B. 选择判断句。
It is not that I dislike the work, but that I have no time.
Not that we are afraid of Americans, but that they are afraid of us.
It is not heroes that make history, but history that makes heroes, and that, consequently, it is not heroes who create a people, but the people who create heroes and more history onward.
14. So far from being ..., 主语+谓语 选择判断句。
So far from being a help, he is a hindrance.
So far from being ashamed of it, he takes pride in it.
So far from being true, the news is false.
15. 主语+be + less A than B./ 主语+be+ more B than A. 比较判断句。
Experience shows that success is due less to ability than to zeal.
It is even more a picture that a poem.
He is more shy than (he is) unsocial.
He is more angry (not angrier) than frightened.
16. 主语+be+B rather than A. 与其说，不如说。比较判断句。
He is an ordinary worker rather than a leader.
He is rather diligent than clever.
The patient was worse rather than better.
He is an artist rather than a philosopher.
17. 主语+ be not so much A as B. 与其说，不如说。比较判断句。
He is not so much a scholar as a writer.
It is not so much a help as advice.
A man’s worth lies not so much in what he has as in what he is.
18. 主语+ be being +doing. 故意, 有意。
She is being kind.
They are being friendly.
Tom is being naughty.
He is being good/helpful/a fool.
19. 时间 + see/witness +宾语 拟人表达。
The twenties century saw the rapid development of IT.
The happy May witnessed their grand wedding.
1976 saw the loss of two great men in China.