1. If he gets too focused on not liking the way he looks, a guy’s self-esteem can take a hit.
2. Now you can pick up a coat at the supermarket whenever you wish to.
3. Leeds was where we got most of our clothes in the past, but now almost all of them aresourcedelsewhere.
4. Stephanie’s burns are a lot more serious than mine, but she is so strong that she never lets anyoneput her down.
5. Train yourself to “bite your tongue”, and you’ll get really good at letting things go.
6. Why do we all seek to freeze in time the faces of our children, our parents, our lovers, and ourselves?
7. The next day he sent a check covering our entire rent for eight months.
8. I should have started the conversation by expressing how my actions affected Eleanor and savedthe discussions about my intention for later, much later and even never.
9. Students who are found with pets are subject to an initial fine of $100.
10. Again, I reasoned with my professor. Again, he listened patiently but wouldn’t change his mind.
11. Surround yourself with uplifting individuals who challenge you to be better.
12. If this is not available, students sit the exam on the first Monday of their course.
13. The child drinks in all the words and expressions which come to him naturally.
14. Neighbors and co-workers trust their car repairs to him.
15. My son may never make the school honor roll. But he made mine.
16. Jimmy sat down and they shared a cup of well-deserved coffee as he landed himself a new job.
17. I’ll describe three no-win situations that commonly arise between teens and parents.
18. Some value competition highly, believing that it is responsible for social progress.
19. In their single-minded pursuit of success, the development of many other human qualities is sadly forgotten.
20. Professor Robert Wielgus argues that poorly designed hunting policies might be causing an increase in cougar-human conflicts.
21. If you drop the belief, you begin to feel a little “dead” inside because you’re dropping “you”.
22. On the receiving end, in another city, a robotic arm fitted with a regular pen signs the book.
23. The LongPen was officially launched at the 2006 London Book Fair.
24. Perhaps the railway authorities are at fault for poor signalling system.
25. None of those components are off the shelf, so we have to develop them all on our own.
26. Both big and small, e-business websites have flooded the Internet by the hundreds of thousands.
27. You can use the Internet to find new suppliers, post buying requests or search for products andservices.
28. The reporter believes that good stories spring from good questions.
29. A well-written news story puts information in context, offers a voice to each side of an argument.
30. A reader can tremble wildly at an axe-murder or identify himself with the winning team reported in the newspaper.
12. 参加 (考试)