1. According to a recent survey, four million people die each year from diseases linked to smoking. 依照最近的一项调查，每年有 4，000，000 人死于与吸烟有关的疾病。
2. The latest surveys show that quite a few children have unpleasant associations with homework. 最近的调查显示相当多的孩子对家庭作业没什么好感。
3. No invention has received more praise and abuse than Internet. 没有一项发明像互联网一样同时受到如此多的赞扬和批评。
4. People seem to fail to take into account the fact that education does not end with graduation. 人们似乎忽视了教育不应该随着毕业而结束这一事实。
5. An increasing number of people are beginning to realize that education is not complete with graduation.越来越多的人开始意识到教育不能随着毕业而结束。
6. When it comes to education, the majority of people believe that education is a lifetime study. 说到教育，大部分人认为其是一个终生的学习。
7. Many experts point out that physical exercise contributes directly to a person's physical fitness. 许多专家指出体育锻炼直接有助于身体健康。
8. Proper measures must be taken to limit the number of foreign tourists and the great efforts should be made to protect local environment and history from the harmful effects of international tourism.
9. An increasing number of experts believe that migrants will exert positive effects on construction of c ity. However, this opinion is now being questioned by more and more city residents, who complain that the mig rants have brought many serious problems like crime and prostitution.
10. Many city residents complain that it is so few buses in their city that they have to spend much more time waiting for a bus, which is usually crowded with a large number of passengers.
11. There is no denying the fact that air pollution is an extremely serious problem: the city authorities should take strong measures to deal with it.
12. An investigation shows that female workers tend to have a favorable attitude toward retirement. 一项调查显示妇女欢迎退休。
12a. A proper part-time job does not occupy students' too much time. In fact, it is unhealthy for them to spend all of time on their study. As an old saying goes: All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
14. Any government, which is blind to this point, may pay a heavy price. 任何政府忽视这一点都将付出巨大的代价。
15. Nowadays, many students always go into raptures at the mere mention of the coming life of high school or college they will begin. Unfortunately, for most young people, it is not pleasant experience on their firs t day on campus.
16. In view of the seriousness of this problem, effective measures should be taken before things get wors
17. The majority of students believe that part-time job will provide them with more opportunities to deve lop their interpersonal skills, which may put them in a favorable position in the future job markets.
18. It is indisputable that there are millions of people who still have a miserable life and have to face the dangers of starvation and exposure.
19. Although this view is wildly held, this is little evidence that education can be obtained at any age and at any place.
20. No one can deny the fact that a person's education is the most important aspect of his life. 没有人能否认：教育是人生最重要的一方面。
21. People equate success in life with the ability of operating computer. 人们把会使用计算机与人生成功相提并论。
22. In the last decades, advances in medical technology have made it possible for people to live longer t han in the past.
23. In fact, we have to admit the fact that the quality of life is as important as life itself. 事实上，我们必须承认生命的质量和生命本身一样重要。
24. We should spare no effort to beautify our environment. 我们应该不遗余力地美化我们的环境。
25. People believe that computer skills will enhance their job opportunities or promotion opportunities. 人们相信拥有计算机技术可以获得更多工作或提升的机会。
26. The information I've collected over last few years leads me to believe that this knowledge may be les s useful than most people think.
27. Now, it is generally accepted that no college or university can educate its students by the time they graduation.
28. This is a matter of life and death--a matter no country can afford to ignore.
29. For my part, I agree with the latter opinion for the following reasons: 我同意后者，有如下理由：
30. Before giving my opinion, I think it is important to look at the arguments on both sides. 在给出我的观点之前，我想看看双方的观点是重要的。
31. This view is now being questioned by more and more people. 这一观点正受到越来越多人的质疑。
32. Although many people claim that, along with the rapidly economic development, the number of people wh o use bicycle are decreasing and bicycle is bound to die out. The information I've collected over the recent years leads me to believe that bicycle will continue to play extremely important roles in modern society.
尽管许多人认为随着经济的高速发展，用自行车的人数会减少，自行车可能会消亡， 然而，这几年我收集的一些信息让 我相信自行车仍然会继续在现代社会发挥极其重要的作用。
33. Environmental experts point out that increasing pollution not only causes serious problems such as gl obal warming but also could threaten to end human life on our planet.
34. In view of such serious situation, environmental tools of transportation like bicycle are more import ant than any time before.
35. Using bicycle contributes greatly to people's physical fitness as well as easing traffic jams. 使用自行车有助于人们的身体健康，并极大地缓解了交通阻塞。